Friday, July 18, 2008

July 18th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Be ready to respond at any moment.

Readings of the Day
1 Corinthians 6-You are not your own, God bought you for a price...His Son.
1 Kings 19-Sometimes God's presence is made known in the silence. Listen and follow His command and call.
Amos 3.3-4.3-God reveals His secrets to His servants, so listen and respond in action.
Hebrews 6.13-20-God shows His love and faithfulness in action.

God's Word of the Day
See my Love active and alive. Likewise love one another and respond in love when I call.

Story of the Day
Both alarms had sounded. It was time to get up. It was time to roll out of bed and listen for the voice of God. As I listened at first all I heard was silence. But then in the silence I heard and saw the Word of God come alive and active. I read of stories of God's activity in history. Then that history came alive and I began to hear the lessons in my life. I heard God tell me of application of His gospel. I heard God tell me of application in my everyday life. I heard God point out ways to apply His Love this very day. As I packed up and left for work, I couldn't help but know that I had packed God up with me that day. Packed His Word into my heart. And likewise, the Son had packed me with Him as we move about my day to show His Love active with and in and sometimes for the people I would meet this day.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, make Your Word active in me today. Let me show a measure of Your compassion and love. Let me point people to You. For I know what a great price You have paid to give me life this day. I pause in the stillness to hear Your voice and seek Your command. Speak clearly in my ears and let me see Your salvation and glory. You are God! I am Your servant, ready to respond to Your Love and grace in action today. ---Amen

No comments: