Monday, July 14, 2008

July 14th - Let's Play

Theme of the Day
Take a walk down the path, generation to generation.

Readings of the Day
1 Corinthians 2-In gifts from God we receive the mind of Christ.
1 Kings 15.1-32-Do what is right in the sight of God.
Joel 2.12-32-Return to God he is gracious and loving.
Leviticus 26.3-20-God richly blesses clearing out the old to make way for the new.

God's Word of the Day
Let My wisdom permeate your mind and soul that I may live in and through you.

Story of the Day
As we were taking a walk that day, I noticed that three generations had come together. I listened in to the conversation and heard how each one passed wisdom and understanding to the other in love. The oldest generation gave wisdom from experience. Experience that had come in living a full life. The next generation gave wisdom in the active and living of life in the midst of the storm. This generation was living life to the fullest. The youngest generation gave wisdom in the joy of the newness of life. The joy and the humor that exists when experiencing things for the very first time. Yet all generations in this common walk, this common path, exhibited wisdom and understanding, one to the other.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, fill my mind with Your wisdom and understanding. Show me compassion and love. Show me forgiveness and care. Permit me to exhibit the traits You have instilled in all Your people. For You create each one of us unique and beautiful in Your sight. Give me the understanding to see my neighbor as You see them, beautiful, unique and wonderful, and worthy of love and care. Lead each of us in our return to You. For You are gracious and loving. You are Father and Brother. You are Spirit and the breath of life. As I breathe out the old fill my lungs with the new breath that only You can give. ---Amen

No comments: