Sunday, July 13, 2008

July 12th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Listen and observe creation.

Readings of the Day
1 Corinthians 1.1-17-God enriches your speech and knowledge.
1 Kings 12.32-13.34-Listen to God's Word that comes through the prophets.
Joel 1-The day of the LORD is great.
Psalm 65.1-13-God greatly enriches the earth.

God's Word of the Day
I enrich.

Story of the Day
The candy maker had all the ingredients carefully chosen for his new recipe. As he began to add the ingredients in the proper amounts he discovered that one ingredient was missing. So he searched for just the right taste that would make this new candy stand out above all of the rest. He was careful and patient in his search. But he finally came up with the ingredient. A secret ingredient that only he had knowledge of. And as he added this ingredient the candy turned into one of the favorites of all time. Patience and diligence and some hard work enriched the candy beyond belief.

Prayer of the Day
Father, I give You thanks for having sent Your Son to enrich this earth with His presence, to enrich the Church with Your Spirit and to enrich the hearts of all with Love. Open my mind and my ears that I may hear Your Word spoken this day and heed with actions that You would ordain. For You have truly enriched my life, my heart and my soul. ---Amen

No comments: