Monday, July 21, 2008

July 21st - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Let loose now and then and float downstream

Readings of the Day
1 Corinthians 8-
Don’t let knowledge puff you up.
1 Kings 22-Listen carefully for the Word of the Lord from the noise of evil and follow His Word of Truth.
Amos 6-Your accomplishments are not your own; they are a result of God’s blessings.
Nahum 1.1-13-God is your stronghold.

God’s Word of the Day
I am the reason you exist. Acknowledge My power and strength and live.

Story of the Day
They all left me behind. They left me to float down a stream and relax for a while. But I took a walk instead. I took a walk, well actually a ride. My grandpa was pushing me. Then we stopped in the shade for a while. I smiled at Gramps and then fell asleep. When I woke up he had taken me over in front of a store where there were a bunch of people sitting around. Some were going in and out and most of them were getting ready to float back down that same creek that I was left behind for. Then Gramps gave me something to eat. That felt good. Some women came over and made over how beautiful I was. All I had to do was grin and smile every now and then and the women would really get excited. Then the rest of the family finally came back from floating down the river and we went on a car ride. Then we got to eat. It was a noisy place, so I joined in and made some noise of my own. When I did people sure did like it when I made noise. I’m not sure why everyone makes over me like they do. I can’t do a thing by myself. All I ever do is depend on everyone else to help me along and yet everyone makes over me. So I figure I must be some kind of gift or blessing of life to others. Just doesn’t make a lot of sense to me but I guess it’s OK. ---Kaiya.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I depend on You. I need to hear Your Word. I need You to take care of me. I can’t take care of myself and I need You. When You teach me I know my place. I continually seek to learn from You. My accomplishments are Your accomplishments. All blessing and honor comes from You and belongs to You. I give You thanks for being my strong Savior, Father, Friend and Guide. ---Amen

No comments: