Tuesday, July 29, 2008

July 27th - 29th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Days
Build strength

Readings of the Days
1 Corinthians 13-14.40-And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love. Pursue love and strive for the spiritual gifts...
2 Kings 7.3-9-Have the zeal of Jehu in your calling.
Jonah 2-4-I went down to the land whose bars closed upon me forever; yet you brought up my life from the Pit, O LORD my God. As my life was ebbing away, I remembered the LORD; and my prayer came to you, into your holy temple.

God's Word of the Days
I will build your strength through My Love. Be strong and zealous for My ways, for I will bring you forth with new life from the depths.

Story of the Day
I was surrounded by warmth and light that day. I could feel the love of those close to me. They had demonstrated their love in acts of kindness that were not solicited. They showed concern and compassion for my situation. In all this love I was pulled from the pit of despair and depression. These are the people of God, I began to think. These are God active through people. I saw Christ in these people that day. I gained strength and courage that day. I gained faith and hope. But the greatest gain that day was Love.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I give You thanks for faith and hope. I give You thanks for love. The love shown through Your Son Jesus. The love reflected through Your people. Build my zeal and strength this day that I may serve in Your Love to all You give to me this day. ---Amen

No comments: