Wednesday, July 02, 2008

July 2nd - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Change the frequency and the outcome changes.

Readings of the Day
Mark 11.15-33-Jesus drives from the temple those who were selling and buying and overturns the tables.
1 Kings 2-Solomon establishes himself as king and commands respect.
Hosea 5.5-15-Acknowledge your guilt and beg God's favor.
Matthew 11.20-24-See the deeds of power done by Jesus and repent.

God's Word of the Day
See the power and deeds of My Son Jesus. Repent and acknowledge your sin.

Story of the Day
As the spaceship descended in our landing on Mars, I could see the dust from the surface kicking up in a cloud. We were landing on an unknown surface and the attempt for a smooth landing was difficult to navigate. One of our landing pads rested on a large boulder. The landing was successful but the ship was skewed and unstable due to the boulder. At times during the landing we had to take control of the ship from the computer. But errors were made and errors were corrected. It was a give and take. The skewed landing made exit from the ship difficult. At the base of the ladder, upon exit we had to take a leap. As we jumped onto the surface of Mars for our first exploratory walk, one of the men stumbled and fell. This error caused his oxygen tube to sever and he had to return to the ship. While inside the ship and supporting those men on the surface with whatever data he could provide, he began to realize how every step along the way could make a difference of life or death. One small mistake could bring death as was nearly the case when he stumbled and fell. His very life line of oxygen had been severed. What if this had happened when he was far away from the ship? He would have had to depend on the help of the other members of the expedition. They would not have been able to provide oxygen since it was their life lines as well. As the men strayed from the ship the threat to their very life increased with every step. As the men approached the ship the risk diminished. Sometimes in the tripping and the falling we realize the danger our life has been in. Many times we are forced to recognize our dependence on the ship and turn around.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, when I stray away from You. When I go the other way... I stumble and fall on my own. Over turn the tables of my wicked ways and cause me to see the Love in Your angry actions. Let me see the compassion You have for my life and permit me to turn and run towards You. I need You! I need You to live. I acknowledge my sin and turn to You for forgiveness and salvation. And I acknowledge the deeds and power of Love that You display, yesterday, today, tomorrow and into eternity. I know I depend on You and You alone. ---Amen

No comments: