Saturday, July 05, 2008

July 5th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Celebrate independence.

Readings of the Day
Mark 13.1-13-When you are brought to trial, don’t worry about what to say, the Holy Spirit will speak through you. Even though children will put their parents to death; endure to the end, for you will be saved.
1 Kings 6-Solomon builds the Temple.
Hosea 8-Israel forgot his Maker and built palaces.
Psalm 145.8-14-God is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.

God's Word of the Day
I know how you will leave me for independence. I will let you go. But, know that My love will remain steadfast forever.

Story of the Day
The leaf had given the tree needed nutrients. The tree had likewise fed the leaf. But now it was time for the leaf to let go and die. The leaf fell to the ground. The tree now appeared bare and naked. The season was bleak and cold. Then the tree gave life to another leaf and the cycle repeats.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, fill me with Your Word when I need to speak it. You have shown me Your Love. Let me reflect Your Love. Give me patience and let me give my life so that others may have Life in You. May Your cycle continue today, tomorrow and into eternity. A cycle of Life. May I never forget or abandon my Maker and may I always build the temple to Your glory as I endure to the end. ---Amen

No comments: