Thursday, July 31, 2008

July 31st - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Put the pieces together.

Readings of the Day
1 Corinthians 15.35-58-But God gives it a body as he has chosen, and to each kind of seed its own body...Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we will also bear the image of the man of heaven...Listen, I will tell you a mystery! We will not all die, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.
2 Kings 11-Athaliah seeks to destroy the royal family but is not successful.
Micah 2-I will gather all of you together like sheep in a fold.
Philippians 4.10-15-Be content with what you have.

God's Word of the Day
You will not be destroyed. I have saved you and I will change you into the glory that I have intended for you to be.

Story of the Day
An idea had come to life. It started just as a thought. Then the thought became a plan and the plan became action. This was the creation of something new. A creation that took something old and useless and recreated it into something beautiful and useful. This idea was not destruction but creation of the destroyed. It brought together the gifts and talents of many. It brought together resources of all imagination. This new creation was made with the materials at hand. An idea had come to life and was new. At the twinkling of the eye and the sound of the trumpet, something new was created from something once tossed aside.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, recreate me from the dust of my sinful self. Recreate me from the Adam of my sin to the delight of Your eye. Let me bear the image of Christ. Sound the trumpet. Put that twinkle in Your eye and recreate me this day into Your desire. ---Amen

No comments: