Sunday, July 20, 2008

July 20th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
A little travel and a little rest but some fear in separation.

Readings of the Day
1 Corinthians 7.25-40-
I want you to be free from anxieties.
1 Kings 21-Jezebel has Naboth killed for King Ahab just so he could obtain Naboth’s vineyard.
Amos 5-Seek the LORD and live.
Matthew 13.24-30, 36-43-The Son of Man will sow good seed amongst the weeds of this world. But in the end the good seed will shine like the sun.

God's Word of the Day
I have place you, My good seed, in this world. Travel in My world. Rest in My world but fear separation from Me. I am always with you if you but turn your face to Me.

Story of the Day
We were at a new place. We were in a new place of rest and relaxation. As we gathered together as family on the deck and enjoyed the hot tub, we noticed that the door into the house had locked behind us. This deck was a suspended deck. Looking for a way out and around didn’t look hopeful. Panic began to set in. But also remaining calm and resting in the assurance that this problem could be solved, as a group, we began to look for possible resources to open the locked door. A few attempts at opening the door had failed. Then someone noticed a cable. Another person saw that the cable could be inserted through the door and slid down to release the latch in the door. A few attempts failed and then finally the door opened. All were now happy once again.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, let me turn to You when I’m in a pickle. Send Your calming Voice when I panic. For my hope is in You. I know You have a rescue for me that is beyond anything I could ever imagine. I know that even the evil’s of this world could never kill this hope I have in You. Sow me as Your good seed of patience and endurance in the weeds of this world that I may shine in Your hope and glory. Free me from the anxieties that I place within myself. Allow Your Light to reflect so clearly through and in me that I shine like the Son. In Jesus glorious name I pray. ---Amen

No comments: