Sunday, July 13, 2008

July 13th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Return through the rain to everyday life.

Readings of the Day
1 Corinthians 1.18-31-The message about the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
1 Kings 14-Our acts follow us to the grave.
Joel 2.1-11-God is vast and all powerful.
Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23-Hear the Word, understand it and bear fruit.

God's Word of the Day
I have baptized you with the water of life. Hear My Word and bear fruit.

Story of the Day
Son, you must give your life to gain life. A father was giving advice to his son who had just had a baby. The father was teaching the son how to give his life away to gain new life in and with the family. It sounded so foolish at first. But as the son grew in his love for his family, he began to understand the wisdom of his father's words. Give life to gain life. The more he gave the more life he gained. The more he gave the more fruit he bore. Son, you must give your life to gain life. The story goes on and on.

Prayer of the Day
Jesus, You gave Your life and I got life. I give You all thanks and honor. Now I give my life. The story goes on. May I bear fruit. ---Amen

No comments: