Monday, July 07, 2008

July 7th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Let go of the burden.

Readings of the Day
Mark 14.1-31-In that larger upper room which was furnished and made ready so much takes place with Jesus and his disciples that the world is changed forever.
1 Kings 8-Solomon dedicated the temple to God. God dwells with his people.
Hosea 9.17-10.15-Turn from sin and seek the Lord.
Jeremiah 27.1-11, 16-22-Listen to the instructions of God and follow them.

God's Word of the Day
Come to the upper room and change the world with Me.

Story of the Day
The equipment was set in place, ready for the day of the pick and lift. The next day the old equipment was disconnected and ready to be taken away. The old equipment had set in that upper room of the roof for years and had been worn out. The new equipment was ready to be lifted and to take it's place in that same upper room. The crane arrived, but it was too small to pick up the equipment. A larger crane would be needed. More weight to make the pick. More power to pull the old equipment from that upper room on the roof. The plans made were incorrect and insufficient to get the job done, so now we wait for more power and more weight. We turn from our human plans to a better plan. A plan that gives results. A plan that includes the knowledge needed to carry out the job to completion. We turn to another plan so much better than our own. A plan with instructions that make that upper room ready and furnished. We abandoned our failed plan to Your plan complete with instructions.

Prayer of the Day
Take me to that upper room which is furnished and made ready. Take me there and let me be part of Your plan. Let me take part in Your plan to change the world. Take me to that upper room and point out my sin that I may change. Show me my betrayal and denial and lead me to Your power. Change my heart and weigh my sin so that I know that I need You. Open my eyes to the sacrifice You have made and permit my joyous response of praise and thanksgiving to be heard in Your ears. You are the power. You are the weight. You are at the center of that upper room which is furnished and made ready. Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: