Wednesday, May 11, 2005

May 11th Reflection

<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><B><U><FONT size=2> <P>Wednesday 5/11/2005</P></B></U> <P>Acts 20.1-16 - So Paul is traveling all over the place - spreading the Word- one time Paul was speaking and this guy was sitting in the window - three stories up- he fell asleep while Paul was talking and fell out the window- they rushed to see how he was- Paul said he was still alive- later they took him home- so - don’t listen to a sermon while sitting in a window</P> <P>Judges 13 - An angel visited Manoah’s wife and tells her she will have a son that is special - a Nazirite- dedicated to God- Manoah wants to talk to this angel and the angel comes again- they talk and offer a sacrifice to God- while the sacrifice is burning the angel ascends in a burst of fire to heaven- Jesus came - talked to us and ascended into heaven- thank God for his messengers- thank God for sending a savior in Jesus- Samson would soon be a person to save the Israelites from the Philistines- God was showing his saving power way back then- he shows it today - and God has shown the ultimate saving power in Jesus- Thanks be to God!</P> <P>Job 41 - God tells a monster story - describes a monster- can Job defeat it? - God is greater than any monster and knows all about it and can defeat it- God is greater than any monster- don’t worry about monsters- place my trust and hope in God- Jesus defeated the monster of sin and death for me- trust in God for salvation - not in myself- not in others - only in God</P> <P>And perfect love and friendship reign throughout eternity - What is God like? - Love beyond understanding!</P> <P>God defends me from evil</P> <P>Psalm 33.12-22 - God sees all of us- the God who fashions the hearts of each one of us- fear, love, hope and trust God- he is my/our salvation</P> <P>Malachi 3.6-18 - God doesn’t change- return to God and he will return to me- return and serve God</P> <P>Psalm 94 - God-my stronghold- my rock- may salvation</P> <P>Prayer- Jesus in all my travels you are with me- as I travel through this day lead, guide and protect me - send the Spirit to give me direction - I thank you for your life- your ministry- your suffering, death and resurrection - especially today I remember you ascension - you ascended to heaven and lead the way for me- you show me life from death and give salvation - look into my heart this day - combine it with the hearts of all your people so that we may shout praises to you - our stronghold- our rock- our salvation --- Amen</P></FONT></FONT></DIV>

No comments: