Thursday, May 26, 2005

May 26th Reflection

Thursday 5/26/2005

Romans 1.16-32 - I am proud of the good news! It is God’s powerful way of saving all people who have faith… - Everyone has sinned - we can’t save ourselves through obedience to the law or in any other way - the only way is through faith in God- Jesus died on a cross and rose again for my sins so that I can live- not because he had to - but because out of love he wanted to

1 Samuel 9.1-10.16 - Kish- Saul’s father had Saul go look for some donkeys that had run off- as Saul and a servant were looking for the donkeys- they became frustrated- Saul finally suggested they go to a prophet- well this turned out to be Samuel- when they came to town - Samuel was on his way out of town to sacrifice to God- God told Samuel that he would show him the King of Israel - and God showed Samuel that this was Saul - Saul worshipped and spent the night with Samuel- the donkeys had been found by someone else- as Saul was leaving - Samuel had the servant go ahead - Samuel anointed Saul King of Israel privately - when Saul got back home he still didn’t reveal that he was King of Israel yet - but I like this part -- “The Spirit of the LORD will suddenly take control of you. You’ll become a different person and start prophesying right along with them.” -- This is said about Saul - people did notice the change but didn’t understand it yet -- We all change with the Sprit of God

Psalm 55 - Please listen and help me- I am trembling with fear - my closest friend makes fun of me - my friend turned against me and broke a promise- I tell you what worries me- don’t let me down - I trust you God - I think God got this person and their friend together again- pray for good friendship

Focus on my relationship with God-He is with me in love always

God created me and preserves me and gives me everything I need to exist- he did all this out of love- not because I deserved it - I will surely thank and praise, serve and obey him. --This is most certainly true!

Psalm 31.1-5, 19-24 - Into you hand I commit my spirit- I give you all of me- I trust completely in you - your goodness is abundant - I take shelter in your presence and you save me - you show your steadfast love to me- Love God - everyone love God! -wait for him and be strong

2 Peter 3.13-18 - Wait for God- be patient - salvation is here- strive for peace

Psalm 43 - Don’t get down on myself or others- wait on God- put my hope in God

Prayer- Lord Jesus - I come to you this morning in praise of you - in honor of you - I place all my trust-hope and faith in you - you are God- you came to me and saved me - you rescued me and showed me that even though as lost as I can get you still love me enough - love me so much you would die for me - I’m here now - looking for some lost donkeys - out on some boondoggle and you come to me in my own foolishness- gift me with Baptism - gift me with the Spirit - give me today what I need- forgive my sin and give me the gifts you think I need to serve and obey you in your kingdom - then send me this morning - send me out with your word of salvation-I am proud of the good news- and love to tell it - change me - send your Spirit and change me- and as I wait - give me patience and hope- I’m ready now --- Amen

No comments: