Sunday, May 22, 2005

May 22nd Reflection

Sunday 5/22/2005

Acts 27.13-44 - I can’t help but think of Gilligan’s Island on this one- anyway as they were sailing a storm and winds caused all kinds of problems- but God came to Paul in a dream and told him that he would stand trial and the people on the ship would be safe-so the ship wrecked and everyone got to the Island in the Mediterranean Sea- really an exciting story to this point!

1 Samuel 3 - Now Samuel served by helping Eli- Eli is almost blind at his age- God calls Samuel’s name- three times- but Samuel thinks it must be Eli- but it’s not Eli- finally Eli realized that it must be God and tells Samuel- next time answer (I love this part!) - “I’m listening, LORD. What do you want me to do?” -And God called again-Well God told Samuel that he would punish Eli and his family for all the disgusting things they had done -and Eli didn’t stop it-- so the next morning Eli wants to know - what God told Samuel- I’m sure Samuel didn’t want to tell Eli- but Eli told him to -so Samuel told him the bad news- but Eli sort of expected it anyway it seems to me- God would appear to Samuel through his life and tell him what to say- sounds pretty neat to me!

Psalm 51 - I have sinned and done wrong since the day I was born-teach me true wisdom- Let me be happy and joyful! - Create pure thoughts in me and make me faithful again. - Only you can save me!- The way to please you is to feel sorrow deep in our hearts.

The Holy Spirit brings speech to ordinary people. Go! Tell about Jesus saving grace.

Encourage loyal friendship

Matthew 28.16-20 - The disciples worshipped Jesus -but some doubted- all authority is given to Jesus- Go- make disciple- baptize in the name of the Father-Son-Holy Spirit- I am with you always- to the end of the age-- some doubted- I doubt many times - but Jesus is still there- then I worship - Jesus sends even doubters to do the work- Thanks be to God!

John 3.1-15 - Jesus in the flesh- telling of being born again in the Sprit- God create- Jesus redeems- the Spirit guides- all are God!

Psalm 81 - God is God- Open my mouth wide and he will fill it- makes me think of those baby birds- listen to God

Prayer- Lord - you take me through some storms- you help me when my ship is about to break - you give me yourself to cling to and save me each and every day - forgive me - and allow me to cling to you so tightly - for you are God- you are a God that calls me by name - over an over - I need and will listen- I’ll listen carefully and obey your command- lead me this day - feel and be aware of my worship this day - For you are God and greatly to be praised- feel the praise of the congregation this day -feel my voice with the many blended together in praise to you- then speak - I will listen- send me - I will go -- Thanks be to God! -- Amen

No comments: