Sunday, May 01, 2005

May 1st Reflection

Sunday 5/1/2005

Acts 14 - So Paul and Barnabas are out spreading the Word and some of the people believe them to be gods-- they explain that they are just humans- but the people still had trouble not sacrificing to them - so some Jewish leaders got together and tried to use all this to their advantage and have Paul and Barnabas killed- but God protected Paul and Barnabas and sent them on to Derbe and later to Antioch-- God protects his servants- let God use me.

Joshua 22 - So the battles are done for now- the tribes of Reuben , Gad and East Manasseh can go back east of the Jordan to the land they had asked for- these tribes had fulfilled their promise and fought for the land of the other tribes to the west of the Jordan- they erected a memorial and it was mistaken for an altar by the western tribes- this offended them and they thought that the eastern tribes had gone against God in making a second altar-- this wasn’t the case and the misunderstanding was settled -- talk to each other- love each other and don’t jump to conclusions.

Job 31 - God gave life to each of us-before we were born--- now think about that!

While I’m living in the meantime -between the acts- may I see God’s current might acts- believe and do the work I’m called to do and set the stage for Jesus - here and now

Believe in my forgiveness and don’t doubt it- Jesus paid a huge sacrifice for my sins- he gave his body and blood for me -- remember that and believe in my forgiveness!

John 14.15-21 - Jesus is in the Father- I am in Jesus and Jesus is in me- love Jesus- see Jesus love

Genesis 3.8-19 - The sin- the lack of trust- the trying to make myself like God- forgive me I pray

Psalm 88 - God of my salvation- hear me I pray-

Prayer- Lord - you give your Word- to all of us- so that we may proclaim your Word- your love- your salvation- your forgiveness- thank you for bringing me safely through the battles of this past week - send me forward with your boldness and courage this week - to spread your Word- to show your love- to forgive like you forgave me- for your gift of life is beyond my understanding- you gave me life before I was born- and you change me every day- keep my face towards you and you alone- for you are God- Thanks be to God! -- Amen

No comments: