Tuesday, May 17, 2005

May 17th Reflection

Tuesday 5/17/2005

Acts 24.10-27 - Paul is in jail - he gives his side of the story but they leave him in jail anyway-a couple of years anyway - Paul is in jail- but he just preaches from the jail- takes what life gave him and deals with it

Judges 21 - Now the tribe of Benjamin was just about wiped out- they had a problem - all the women were gone- the Israelites didn’t want the tribe to die- so they had to gather women for the men in the Benjamin tribe-- and it sounds like they found enough-- makes you wonder- the whole civil war started with the mistreatment of a woman in Benjamin-- they gave the wicked men a woman to have their way with - now they are hunting more women to give the men of Benjamin to so that the tribe can continue- its this good or bad??-- why treat the women like this?--sounds like their trust still isn’t with God- if the tribe of Benjamin is to continue - God can make that happen - without this artificial and what seems to me a wrong disrespect for women.-- Just an opinion

Psalm 46 - God is our mighty fortress- The LORD All-Powerful is with us. The God of Jacob is our fortress-Calm down and learn that I am God!

The Holy Spirit brings speech to ordinary people. Go! Tell about Jesus saving grace.

Don’t hurt my neighbor- help him in all his physical needs.

2 Timothy 1.15-2.13 - Paul is preaching as a prisoner again- God works and talks through some real strange people and in some real strange situations- Imagine- the preacher in prison telling you how you should have faith in a guy the was condemned and hung on a cross as a criminal- that’s what and who we believe in- how odd- but God is powerful and comes to those who least expect or deserve his arrival- like me

Romans 3.19-28 - All sinned and fall short of the glory of God-- but they are now justified by the grace of God as a gift- that grace through Jesus sacrifice and atonement - by his blood - effective through faith-- so go and tell about it already!

Psalm 119.33-40 - In your righteousness give me life- you are God

Prayer- Lord - Even if I’m in prison to some self imposed agony - you are with me- you give me the ability to preach from every situation you place me in - do that today - as situations arise - let your Word arise within in me and may I proclaim the gift of salvation that you so freely give- Open my eyes to the injustice of this world - how we treat each other- open my mouth to speak out against what is wrong and lead that action to the grace of life you freely give- I realize my sin and ask you to forgive me- to send me to forgive those who have sinned against me and renew relationships through you power- for you are God - the God of life and salvation -- send me safely that I may return for another day of service -- In Jesus name --- Amen

No comments: