Sunday, May 22, 2005

Re: May 20th Reflection

I recently heard a radio preacher talk about Hannah and her faith. The Bible says Hannah regularly came with her husband to the temple. So she had to know the evil doings of Eli's sons. This shows a great deal of faith in God. She promised her only son to God - knowing her son would be raised by the priests of the temple - which included Eli's sons. I know how particular I am in who takes care of my kids. Hannah had to really trust God on this one!
 
Diane
 
----- Original Message -----
From: Bill Lynch
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 5:20 AM
Subject: May 20th Reflection

Friday 5/20/2005

Acts 26.19-32 - So Paul finishes his testimony by giving a testimony to Jesus as Messiah and Savoir and tries to convert the people there to Christianity - King Agrippa can’t see anything Paul has done wrong to be on trial and says if Paul hadn’t appealed to Rome they would have let him go -- I guess sometimes when you get in a mess like that- God is just going to use you to testify to others even more- so off to Rome I go with Paul- all in a mell of a hess. We’ll make the best of it!

1 Samuel 1.1-2.11 - The wives Peninnah and Hannah- Peninnah was rotten to Hannah --she like to make Hannah feel miserable about not having any children-especially when the family was together- rotten! - Hannah knew how to handle it though-- she prayed- the priest Eli saw Hannah praying and thought she was drunk-- everyone treated her badly-- but Eli after hearing what she was doing told that God would take care of her- So Hannah’s husband Elkanah took her home with Peninnah and the family- Hannah finally has a son- Samuel- then when it was the right time - Hannah and Elkanah took Samuel to the priest- Hannah had promised in prayer that if she had a baby - she would give him to God- and she did- so Samuel stayed with Eli -- I notice all the time - how God works through hardship- when we think it is bad- God just may be using us for something really really good! -- we just don’t know it- so “hang on” - God may be about to use me or you

Psalm 49 - You cannot buy back your life of pay off God!

The Holy Spirit brings speech to ordinary people. Go! Tell about Jesus saving grace.

Defend your neighbor, speak well of him, and explain his actions in the kindest way.

Genesis 1.1-2.4a - God created- God created life- God saw that it was good- and there was evening and there was morning

Galatians 3.15-20 - God gives you a promise - God keeps his promise - Believe in Jesus

Psalm 89.1-8 - with my mouth I will proclaim your faithfulness to all generations

Prayer- Lord- you go with me even while I struggle- even when dreams are dashed- you go with me- you take me through my struggles- you take me through my dreams - you lead me and guide me and in the end you always have blessed me- lead me this day - make your dreams and visions my dreams and visions- lead me in your way not my way - show me how to love and serve in your kingdom and guide me right through it all- yea- I’ll “hang on”-- I’ll “hang on” to you -- Amen

No comments: