Saturday, May 21, 2005

May 21st Reflection

Saturday 5/21/2005

Acts 27.1-12 - So now Paul is off to Rome on a ship - like an adventure-and this voyage is starting to get dangerous- but he is going to trial- he will also get the opportunity to testify to Jesus saving grace.

1 Samuel 2.12-36 - Eli’s sons didn’t show any respect for sacrifices people would bring before God- they would take the meat for themselves- this made God angry- Samuel was becoming the favorite with Eli- Eli’s sons would not take Eli’s advice to stop their sinful ways- God had already decided to take care of this issue of Eli’s sons- the people and Eli began to like Samuel more and more- God has chosen someone else to be his priest- Eli’s sons will die on the same day as proof

Psalm 50 - The only sacrifice I want is for you to be thankful and to keep your word. Pray to min in time of trouble. I will rescue you, and you will honor me.-- The sacrifice that honors me is a thankful heart.

The Holy Spirit brings speech to ordinary people. Go! Tell about Jesus saving grace.

Help people keep and maintain what they already have. Don’t scheme to take it away from them

2 Corinthians 13.11-13 - The grace of Jesus- the love of God- the communion of the Spirit

Ephesians 3.14-21 - I want to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge- and filled with the fullness of God

Psalm 96 - Sing to the LORD a new song- tell of his salvation from day to day-

Prayer- Lord- you set me out on many journeys- you lead me when I sail and travel- you are the guide- you are the star- you are the captain of the ship- lead me this day- lead my thoughts- lead my actions- lead my words - use me this day - I want to serve and obey you- I want to proclaim your Word- I want to be with you in all I do this day- It’s a day to work for you - it’s a day to play in your kingdom- it’s time I sacrifice my time to you- the talents you have given me to use- give me knowledge- your knowledge- and fill me with your Spirit this day-- I see the beauty of your creation - I see the gifts you have blessed me with and realize how unworthy I am- but you give anyway- thank you- I praise you for your glory and sing to you all day long- for you are God- send me today to tell of the salvation you bring-- Thanks be to God! -- Amen

No comments: