Tuesday, May 24, 2005

May 24th Reflection

Tuesday 5/24/2005

Acts 28.16-31 - So Paul is now in Rome but no one came to bring charges against him- he was heard anyway- some agreed and some didn’t- but Paul testified to his faith all the more.

1 Samuel 6-7 - So the Philistines know they need to get rid of the ark- send it back to Israel- they learned a lesson from Egypt-- so they send five gold models of the sores and five gold models of the rats that destroyed the crops- I’m not sure about their choice of gifts- odd-they put the ark on a cart with some cows and turn it loose- hoping it goes back to Israel-- this was odd too- so here comes this cart with the ark into a field- there were some Levites there- they took the ark and set it on a rock and burned the cart - then some guys looked inside the ark and God killed seventy of them - so now they want to send the ark away - it stayed in Abinadab’s house for twenty years while Eleazar took care of it - here comes Samuel again- he tells the Israelites- to turn from their idols and worship God- Samuel will pray to God for them- they fasted and confessed to God their sin- the Philistines found out they were praying and decided to attack the Israelites- Samuel prayed for protection and God struck the Philistines down with thunder - the Philistines were beaten and didn’t bother the Israelites for a while- Samuel was leader for Israel now-- and there is Ebenezer-- like “raise my Ebenezer“-- that’s the monument Samuel set up on the cliffs after the battle-- Help Monument-- to remind Israel of how God helped them- God saves!

Psalm 53 - Only a fool will say, “There is no God!”

Focus on my relationship with God-He is with me in love always

I believe in the Triune God

1 Timothy 1.18-2.8 - Fight the good fight with faith and good conscience - God desires everyone to be saved- to come to the knowledge of truth- there is one God- pray everywhere

2 Thessalonians 3.6-18 - stay busy in ministry- it’s good work to do

Psalm 37.1-9 - Commit your way to the LORD

Prayer- Jesus- you give me so many chances to testify the story of your love for me- let me not forget and miss the opportunity- you come to me - your chest travels to me- I will trust-respect and obey only you - you are God- lead me in the fight this day- as I commit my way to you --- Amen

No comments: