Tuesday, May 03, 2005

May 3rd Reflection

Tuesday 5/3/2005

Acts 15.22-41 - A letter was sent from Jerusalem to Antioch giving favor to the people- the source is about Gentiles and circumcision- but that isn’t necessary - just obey laws that make sense in effect - the Holy Spirit is working - Paul and Barnabas have a disagreement over some issue - not clearly defined but choose to part ways in ministry - Paul teams up with Silas and Barnabas teams up with John/Mark. The Word continues to spread

Judges 1 - Joshua didn’t name a replacement for himself before he died- so the tribes still had Canaanites living in the land- they were to drive them out- they would get together loosely to fight the battles but most didn’t even bother- they let the Canaanites live with them-- the problem was that the Israelites would fail to worship God and take on the false gods of the area--God is priority and wants all the attention and trust and faith.

Job 33 - Elihu implies here that if you are bad God will punish -when you turn from your sin God will reward- he is setting up Job to say Job has sinned and needs to turn to God.

I must be willing to stand in places I normally wouldn’t and proclaim Jesus death and resurrection. Jesus has fixed a day when he will return. Is that today? Is it now? Let Jesus return to my heart and soul forever-now-today-forever.

Christ gave the authority to forgive the sins of those who repent.

Psalm 68.1-10, 32-35 - God gives us a choice- follow his lead or turn the other way - I will follow and rejoice and sing his praises -- God is God!

Leviticus 3.12-17 - Bring my offering to God

Psalm 51.10-15 - Put a pure heart in me and open my lips to declare you God- it’s all about you

Prayer- Dear Lord Jesus- protect me this day - send me on the path you want me to take- give me the proper words to say - the proper actions to take- lead me into and through the desert to your Promised Land. I bring my offering this day and give all to you. Keep a pure heart within me and send me. -- Amen

No comments: