Wednesday, May 25, 2005

May 25th Reflection

Wednesday 5/25/2005

Romans 1.1-15 - Paul greets the Romans - I like the end of this passage- “I must tell the good news to everyone. That’s why I am eager to visit all of you in Rome.”-- It’s the realization of the gift of grace given that makes Paul eager and happy and excited to share something really neat!

1 Samuel 8 - Samuel had two sons and let them be leaders- but they were dishonest- the people of Israel came to Samuel wanting a king- God told Samuel to give them a king- that the Israelites had actually rejected God and worshiped other gods and idols- Samuel tried to warn the people -a king would not be what they thought - they would have to serve a king- but they still wanted a king- God told Samuel to do what they want -- they will get a king

Psalm 54 - Be my faithful friend- you have rescued me from all of my troubles

Focus on my relationship with God-He is with me in love always

I believe-I believe- I believe

1 Timothy 3.1- 4.5 - Lead a good and respectable life- everything created by God is good and nothing is to be rejected, provided it is received with thanksgiving

Prayer- Jesus- you tell me to go and tell the good news - it’s a joy - it’s something to get excited about - it’s something for my eyes to open wide and joy to leap out of me and tell of all the wonderful things you have done- but first - I must realize that I am a sinner- I am unworthy - I ask you to forgive my sin - send me into your world- for you alone are the only King I need- I need no other- I need no idols - and keep them far from me- help me this day lead the life you choose for me to lead and bless me along the way. -- Amen

No comments: