Monday, May 02, 2005

May 2nd Reflection

Monday 5/2/2005

Acts 15.1-21 - This is the most compelling scripture brought out in support of the gay and lesbian issue in the ELCA-- if the people have the Spirit then forget the laws and rituals - accept them into our community and don’t restrict them just as Paul did here with Gentiles who weren’t circumcised. Makes you think where does God stand-- but you have to consider more passages in the Bible that just this and pray for God to lead and guide you in decision making-- not as easy as it sounds.

Joshua 23-24 - Joshua is saying goodbye here-- but he is also telling a story of the Israelites- they need to hold God and their relationship with God number one in the lives and hearts- no other gods at all- but this wasn’t happening - some still drug along gods of the past- they married women in the land and took on their gods- God has provided all their needs yet they still drag along these other false gods-- Stop it!- There is only one God- and look at all the evidence he gives to us each day- wake up and see it- and open your relationship with the one and only God!

Job 32 - So now Elihu speaks- he is young and has shown respect for the others- only wisdom comes from God- but Elihu hasn’t heard wisdom this time from the elderly - so he is going to give his opinion.

I must be willing to stand in places I normally wouldn’t and proclaim Jesus death and resurrection. Jesus has fixed ad day when he will return. Is that today? Is it now? Let Jesus return to my heart and soul forever-now-today-forever.

Believe the words given and shed for you for the remission of sins-- just believe -that’s it

Psalm 44.1-3, 20-26 - Why do I separate myself from God then expect him to come and find me?- help me to keep my direction and my priority on God

Exodus 3.7-17 - I wonder -- who am I that God would choose me to do anything??-- but God tells me over and over-- it’s not about me -- it’s about God -- I AM WHO I AM-- who am I???--one chosen by the great I AM WHO I AM-- that’s who I am-- keep it straight and love it with all your heart- Chosen!

Psalm 47 - Sing praises to God cause he is King - he provides for all and is almighty- he is highly exalted.

Prayer- Lord you come to all people- who are we to doubt your saving grace - to doubt the range of power you have- send me out this day to love all people- even the ones I would rather hate- forgive me when I have hurt others- forgive me when I have said things that make pain rise up in friends- forgive me- but help me keep it straight - who am I - I am chosen by you the great one the great I AM- teach me to be humble yet bold and proud of you and your grace- teach me to set my sights and all my priorities in life on you and you alone- no other idols or gods shall I pack and carry with me this day -- send me- send me-- Amen

No comments: