Thursday, May 05, 2005

May 5th Reflection

Thursday 5/5/2005

Acts 16.16-40 - So Paul and Silas are ministering and this girl keeps following them around telling people that they are servants of God and will tell you how to be saved- finally Paul got upset with all this and commanded the spirit to come out of the girl- and the evil spirit came out- well this upset the parents- cause they were making money off their daughter and this spirit- so Paul and Silas were thrown in jail- Paul and Silas in jail were praying and singing on night while other prisoners listened and an earthquake shook all the doors open and the chains fell from the prisoners - the jailer woke up and saw what had happened and figured he was in big trouble so was about to kill himself when Paul stopped him- no one had escaped- the jailer let Paul and Silas go and wanted to know how to be saved- have faith- Paul and Silas went to the man’s house and talked to all of them too and baptized all of them-so the next day the officials ordered the jailer to let Paul and Silas go - Paul told them they were Roman citizens and that they had been beaten in public without a trial- the officials apologized and let them go --- so even in all those twists and turns- the pestering girl-prison-earthquake- God spoke his message and people were baptized. -- God’s plan for my life may not be anything I would ever recognize.

Judges 4-5 - Back and forth again- God had just rescued Israel but they turned again- God let the Canaanites win battles until Israel turned back to God again - they wanted help again- God gave them Deborah (fiery woman-I like that meaning) - she led Barak and the Israelite troops in battle against Sisera and his army - defeated them - but Sisera escaped - he thought he was safe at Jael’s place- but she gave him milk- Sisera was exhausted and fell asleep- then Jael drove a tent peg through his head-- then the Israelites defeated the Canaanite King Jabin-- a couple of women- God gave victory to a woman - but not really Deborah like I first thought it would be but Jael - God active in saving his people- God will save me in ways that are unexpected but fascinating.

Job 35 - Do your sins hurt God?

I must be willing to stand in places I normally wouldn’t and proclaim Jesus death and resurrection. Jesus has fixed a day when he will return. Is that today? Is it now? Let Jesus return to my heart and soul forever-now-today-forever.

Receive forgiveness from God- do not doubt!

Acts 1.1-11 - Jesus ascension- Jesus was with the people- proved that he was truly risen- now he rises to heaven in the clouds- he will come again in the same way- I will be his witness!

Ephesians 1.3-8, 15-23 - Christ chose me before the foundation of the world- now think about that a while

Psalm 47 - God has gone up with a shout, the LORD with the sound of a trumpet. -- God is God! - Sing praises

Prayer- Jesus you have saved me and others in ways we could never understand- God you are mighty - you constantly rescue me from my sin- form evil and from myself- you save and protect me in so many ways I can never understand- how can I help but sing praises- for your Son who I remember ascended this day- is standing - standing in heaven - and standing here on earth - right next to me- talking to me- encouraging me- helping me in ministry- a joyful easy ministry- cause you did all the work- a ministry of play-- yea- in play you get hurt - but you are always standing there to heal- to comfort- to pick me up and send me on in your Kingdom- so today - yea you ascended- but you also remained for me-- thank you --- Amen

No comments: