Monday, May 16, 2005

May 16th Reflection

<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><B><U><FONT size=2> <P>Monday 5/16/2005</P></B></U> <P>Acts 23.23-24.9 - Basically Paul gets shuffled around here and finally goes to trial - The High Priest-some Jewish leaders and their lawyer come to bring charges against Paul that he is a troublemaker-- It’s good to be a troublemaker for the Gospel- shake a few people up now and then</P> <P>Judges 20 - The disgusting act of raping this woman to death and the subsequent sending of her body parts to the tribes set off a civil war in Israel--the people of Gibeah must be punished- the tribe of Benjamin were going to defend it’s city of Gibeah against Israel - God told Judah to attack first - two attacks were made - Israel lost twenty-two thousand in the first attack and eighteen thousand in the second attack- finally the third attack worked- but many died - and the tribe of Benjamin was all but eliminated</P> <P>Psalm 45 - The King is beautiful- I will go to battle for him - he brings justice in all ways</P> <P>The Holy Spirit brings speech to ordinary people. Go! Tell about Jesus saving grace.</P> <P>Respect, obey, love and serve those in authority.</P> <P>2 Timothy 1.1-14 - God gave us a spirit of power and of love and of self-discipline- don’t be ashamed of the testimony - God has called us- not according to our works but according to his own purpose and grace</P> <P>Acts 3.1-16 - Peter and John take a lame man and he is able to walk into the temple with them- they tell the people that the one they crucified gave this man the ability to walk- it is faith that God gave this man and Jesus that God gave to us that makes this man able to walk</P> <P>Psalm 8 - How majestic is your name in all the earth! - what are humans that you are mindful of them-yet you have made them a little lower than God and crowned them with glory and honor</P> <P>Prayer- Jesus- I will go to trial for you - I will suffer for you - I will go to battle for your causes- I trust and hope and place my love in you - for you are God- you forgive my sin and turn me loose- God you send your Spirit to me and to your church to empower all of us to go and tell your story - to tell the story of how you are active in each life- how you picked me up and let me walk and all through Jesus- I’m ready for your kingdom this week- send me- protect me-lead me and guide me --- Amen</P></FONT></FONT></DIV>

No comments: