Saturday, May 14, 2005

May 14th Reflection

<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><B><U><FONT size=2> <P>Saturday 5/14/2005</P></B></U> <P>Acts 21.37-22.29 - So Paul asks to speak- Paul tells the commander that he is a Jew- so the commander let Paul speak- he spoke to the people from some step- he explained that he was born a Jew- how he grew up - how he persecuted Christians - how he was converted on the road to Damascus- he saw Jesus- and his life has changed- and how God told him to preach to the Gentiles- well the crowd got excited again and wanted Paul killed- to the commander ordered Paul to be beaten- then Paul told them he was a Roman citizen- born a Roman citizen- so they didn’t beat Paul</P> <P>Judges 17-18 - Micah makes some idols from some silver that he had stolen from his mother- he made them into an idol and hired a wandering Levite priest to help worship the idol - Micah thinks this will give him God’s honor- The Danites consult Micah’s priest- and the Danite’s steal the silver god and the priest from Micah- the Danites capture Laish and setup the silver god and priest -- the priest turns out to be Moses grandson Jonathan.</P> <P>Psalm 43- run to God for protection </P> <P>And perfect love and friendship reign throughout eternity - What is God like? - Love beyond understanding!</P> <P>Call on God in prayer, praise, and thanksgiving</P> <P>1 Corinthians 12.3b-13 - We are all given gifts- but it’s the same Spirit active in and through all</P> <P>Mark 3.13-19 - Jesus went up on a mountain and appointed his apostles - twelve of them- and he sent them out to proclaim the message- and gave them authority ot cast out demons</P> <P>Psalm 32 - I’m happy to be forgiven</P> <P>Prayer- Dear Lord Jesus- You came to Paul on a dirty road with a flash of light and changed his life- come to me on the dirty road of my life - flash your light all around me and change me- clear up my thinking- let me turn to you and forgive me of my sin - take away all those idols in my life- that stolen silver- for it all belongs to you - let me use it to you glory but always realize that you are God - the God of all people- the god of protection- the God of love and the God of life- I’m so happy to be forgiven - take my to your mountain today - choose me and send me with your message - I’m ready to go play in your kingdom today - even maybe - just maybe you could teach me a dance or two - a song to sing - and the beat to make to bring all your people closer to you -- Amen</P></FONT></FONT></DIV>

No comments: