Friday, November 11, 2005

November 11th People Reflection

Friday 11/11/2005

Titus 3-God washed us by the power of the Holy Spirit. He gave us new birth and a fresh beginning.

Jeremiah 17-18-But I will bless those who trust me.

Psalm 127-God takes care of his own, even while they sleep.

Zephaniah 1.7, 12-18-Be silent before the Lord God!

Galatians 3.23-29-for all of you are one in Christ Jesus

Psalm 33-for he spoke, and it came to be

"We usually take it off a couple of minutes early."- The nurse talking about this goofy belt I was wearing – it was recording pictures of my inards- All day I was looking at this little blue light that was supposed to blink if the thing was working right- it did blink all day- but was it working?- I don’t know??- but I guess in some way I had to trust that it was- it didn’t make any difference what I thought- was it working? – I suppose- God works like that light in some ways- we can see the light and know something is happening- but I have to trust in his grace- believe in the Word that I am forgiven and saved and given life anew – I must believe that the Spirit has washed me and given me a new birth- I must trust and have faith in that Light- at times I must be silent and listen to that Light- obey- for in this Light- all things came to be- and through this light I can trust that God will care for me while I’m awake or even asleep- and I know that if I trust in this Light- God will bless me- for all who believe and trust in this Light are on in Christ Jesus. – "We usually take it off a couple of minutes early." – But let that Light shine on in my life.

Prayer- Lord, Come quickly- but in the meantime- use me to let your Light blink in my life- a couple times each second. -- Amen

No comments: