Sunday, November 20, 2005

November 20th People Reflection

Sunday 11/20/2005

1 Peter 3-Be beautiful in your heart….This kind of beauty will last, and God considers it very special.

Jeremiah 35-36-So the LORD told me to get another scroll and write down everything that had been on the first on.

Psalm 136-God’s love never fails.

Matthew 25.31-46-When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him

Matthew 21.1-5-Go into the village ahead of you

Psalm 24-that the King of glory may come in

"The computer says I should have that part; but it’s not there."—Trying to get a gasket and thermostat for my car at the parts store—funny- so I guess this guy needed to get another scroll and write down everything that was on the first one- cause somehow the first one was lost- but the scroll I think of in Jeremiah- even though it all sounds so fierce- the judgement of God- I think of this as a scroll of love and caring for God’s people who have chosen to stray- a love of God that never fails- even when I go sour- God’s love is beautiful to the heart- and I need to display a love like that to others- I know God considers this heartfelt love special- because he displayed it in Jesus- Jesus who will come again in glory- oh how I look to that day- but he also comes in glory today and every day- because each day I ask that the King of glory come into my heart- I must do this! – I must relive my baptism every day and feel Jesus presence – here and now- because every day I awake and become aware that God’s love never fails- and I will listen to his commands- Go into the village ahead of you- listen to Jesus voice and follow his command from day to day- what else could I do- "The computer says I should have that part; but it’s not there."- I guess it’s time to listen and let the King of glory come in- then I’ll find that part of love in my heart that has always been there.

Prayer- Lord- help me to find your love in my heart- forgive my sin- and let your love shine through my heart this day- into the hearts of those I meet- with one big bear hug. -- Amen

No comments: