Wednesday, November 30, 2005

November 30th People Reflection

Wednesday 11/30/2005

Galatians 4.21-31-you were born because of this promise

Lamentations 3-4-God took careful aim and shot his arrows straight through my heart.

Psalm 146-With all that I am, I will shout his praises.

John 1.35-42-Rabbi, where are you staying?

Matthew 10.29-31-do not be afraid, you are of more value…

Psalm 8-what are human beings that you are mindful of them

"You can come by to talk anytime."- Some guys at work after a conversation- and invitation to talk and to listen to each other- God was talking to Abraham about a child that would be born- a promise- Abraham was wondering if this was really going to happen- I wonder if at times Abraham thought God had shot an arrow through his heart- wounding him- Abraham was old – how could a child be born to him/- god must be playing some cruel trick- yet God wasn’t- through this child of promise I am given entry into the chosen family of God- through faith I have become a child of God- just as Abraham and his child through faith started that family long ago- through faith Sarah became the mother of God’s chosen people of faith- Sarah’s faith – Abraham’s faith- my faith in a promise fulfilled by and through Jesus- Jesus where are you staying?- why have you chosen to accept me?- why have you given me a promise and given me faith?- not sure- I have the same question the psalmist has- what are human beings that you are mindful of them?- but I guess all that matters is that God is mindful of human beings and came to save all of us through faith in Jesus – what Jesus did for us- and with that – with all that I am- I will shout praises to God- because I know for sure that God has more value for me than I can even begin to imagine- "You can come by to talk anytime." – I know- and you value me and I love you- anytime and all time.

Prayer- Rabbi, where are you staying?- I would like to talk to you. -- Amen

No comments: