Saturday, November 12, 2005

November 12th People Reflection

Saturday 11/12/2005

Philemon-My friend, your love has made me happy and has greatly encouraged me.

Jeremiah 19-20-But your message burns in my heart and bones, and I cannot keep silent.

Psalm 128-I pray that the LORD will bless you from Zion

1 Thessalonians 5.1-11-Therefore encourage one another and build up each other

John 4.7-15-"If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you, ’Give ma a drink,’ you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water."

Psalm 1-They are like trees planted by streams of water

"If you are in Florida and get sick, then look me up."- Dr. Murphy-moving to Florida with his family in a little while. Reminds me of the relationships we build with each other in life- relationships that make us happy – that show us love- relationships that bless us- people placed in our lives using God given gifts to heal – to encourage-to teach- to serve and to do many things I can’t even begin to recall here- and again – relationship with God- personal and in the church- God builds a relationship that is personal and also corporate- a powerful relationship – one that gives each person their own unique message of a saving God that burns in hearts and bones- burns so deeply that you just can’t help to tell someone- burns that I want to respond to this love of God and love others- encourage others- serve others- teach others and do whatever God has called me to do- fed by that living water from that stream that never runs dry- that wonderful baptismal gift of water, promise and action- that Spirit of life that God freely gives. Give me a drink!- "If you are in Florida and get sick, then look me up."-Relationship that moves but continues on—Thanks be to God!

Prayer- Lord-build my relationship with you and others this day. -- Amen

No comments: