Wednesday, November 23, 2005

November 23rd People Reflection

Wednesday 11/23/2005

2 Peter 1-May you keep learning more and more about God and our Lord Jesus.

Jeremiah 41-42-Please pray to the LORD your God for us.

Psalm 139-You have looked deep into my heart, LORD, and you know all about me.

Psalm 80.1-7, 16-18-Stir up your might, and come to save us!

John 6.45-51-Very truly, I tell you, whoever believes has eternal life.

Psalm 28-The LORD is my strength and my shield

"Awww, that’s mean!"- I was showing Stephanie a picture of the world’s ugliest dog. The dog just died and an article was on the MSNBC web site. Now if this dog was a good dog, God would have to really look deep into it’s heart to see some beauty. I wonder how deep God has to look into mine? But God does know all about me. Before I even know about myself God knew about me. And God will be my strength and shield. Knowing how ugly I can get; I’m thankful that God stirred up some love for me and saved me. It’s puzzling to understand why Jesus died for me. But he did. Jesus prayed for me. He went off to pray so many times for all people. It’s all so puzzling why? As life goes on I learn more and more about God’s love but I seem to understand less and less why. Because I sure can get ugly. But Jesus still prayed for me anyway. So I’m led to see his love and believe in him. God proves his love day after day. In rich blessings, God grants me life- And he grants life to the world’s ugliest all the time. "Awww, that’s mean!" – Well, really it’s awesome belief and love. Thanks be to God!

Prayer- Lord, thank you for coming to save the world’s ugliest- you transform ugly into beauty- awesome -- Amen

No comments: