Monday, November 21, 2005

November 21st People Reflection

Monday 11/21/2005

1 Peter 4-Everything will come to an end soon

Jeremiah 37-38-Is there any message for us from the LORD?

Psalm 137-Here in a foreign land, how can we sing about the LORD?

Deuteronomy 8.7-18-For the LORD your God is bringing you into a good land…

Matthew 6.5-6-But whenever you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray

Psalm 34-I sought the LORD, and he answered me

"God’s time is different ."- The answer to a question I asked Jake about what he had learned in Catechism. God’s time is different- he has the big picture- everything will come to an end soon- but what is soon?- and during that time between now and soon- is there a message from God for me to hear- as I wander in this foreign land- will I be able to sing to God?- when will he bring me home into a good land?- god does give some clues- and they are here and now- with Jesus by my side- in this quiet place- in prayer- when I seek God it makes him happy that I turn and run to him like a little kid- because I need him- I trust him- I depend on him and he will answer me—In his own time- "God’s time is different." – And that difference is wonderful.

Prayer-Lord, as I run to you this morning- pull me into your arms- you are different and I love you -- Amen

No comments: