Thursday, November 17, 2005

November 17th People Reflection

Thursday 11/17/2005

James 5-be patient until the Lord returns

Jeremiah 29-30-You will be my people, and I will be your God. I the LORD, have spoken.

Psalm 133-It is truly wonderful when relatives live together in peace

Psalm 95.1-7a-Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving

Hebrews 10.19-25-since we have confidence to enter the sanctuary by the blood of Jesus

Psalm 116-O LORD, I pray, save my life!

"I think you need to start smoking cigars again."- A funny evaluation of my health from a friend. But, he was serious. I picture relatives living in peace together- all standing around smoking cigars and talking peacefully with one another- a kinda funny picture- but one where they really don’t need to worry about the adverse effects of tobacco- because all is now finally good- nothing is bad any longer- a time when God will come again and restore his creation- a time of thanksgiving- a time when we will be God’s people- but that time is here today also- it may not be fulfilled yet- we may still live in a broken, sinful world- but God is here with us- he has opened his sanctuary to us and we are invited into his presence- through the blood of Jesus- through the blood of Jesus he has saved my life- "I think you need to start smoking cigars again."- Well- I won’t – but I will think of a time when that really won’t matter.

Prayer- Lord, I wait for you to return- but at the same time I know of your presence-here and now- it’s funny sometimes- come Holy Spirit here and now to teach me and lead me -- Amen

No comments: