Monday, November 07, 2005

November 7th People Reflections

Monday 11/7/2005

2 Timothy 3-The Scriptures train God’s servants to do all kinds of good deeds.

Jeremiah 9-10-Our LORD, great and powerful, you alone are God.

Psalm 123-Please have mercy, LORD!

Psalm 70-O LORD, make haste to help me!

Isaiah 29.13-14-I will again do amazing things with this people, shocking and amazing

Psalm 15-O LORD, who may abide in your tent?

"You have to bring the elevator up before the door will open."—An elevator for a wheel chair- you have to bring it up to the floor you are on before the door will open. The door won’t open until you do something- reminds me of reading the scriptures- I read- I believe- the door opens- action becomes obvious- I know what God wants me to do and I’m are happy – thrilled- overjoyed to do it because of what God has already done for me- I realize through scripture how great and powerful God is- how he alone is God- and I realize that all I am depends on God- I need mercy- I need God to help me in life- I need to abide in his tent- in his kingdom- and then he turns around and does shocking and amazing things- through me- to me- and in me- "You have to bring the elevator up before the door will open."- The amazing part is that God will push the button too- and he will open the door- I think I’ll go in the elevator now- it’s time to go somewhere and do something for my Savior.

Prayer- Lord, Put me on whatever floor you like- I’m ready to be sent in your name. -- Amen

No comments: