Tuesday, November 01, 2005

November 1st People Reflection

Tuesday 11/1/2005

1 Timothy 3-the church of the living God is the strong foundation of truth

Isaiah 36-37-Please pray for those of us who are left alive

Psalm 119.97-120-Your word is a lamp that gives light wherever I walk.

Matthew 5.1-12-When Jesus saw the crowds, he went up the mountain

Ephesians 1.11-23-so that, with the eyes of your heart enlightened, you may know what is the hope to which he has called you

Psalm 70-Let all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you.

"I need to stay back until all the children clear."- A man walking his dog on Halloween- holding the dog back because children were going from house to house for candy- his dog was all excited and pulling him- really a funny site because I understood- It was dark outside and small children were difficult to see- and with a dog he really needed a light to light his path- Jesus-the Word made flesh – is the light to follow- the light that gives direction- the light that shines in hearts that gives hope and calling- the light we seek daily in prayer and devotion- in reflection- in the written Word and in the spoken Word through others- the Word in creation- Jesus gave that Word years ago in the beatitudes – he went into creation- up the mountain and told his disciples how much God blesses us- all through our life- in suffering and pain and in joy and happiness- just look around and see all the blessings God has given- and in those blessings give thanks and praise- and pray for all those who are left- I am blessed with a church that is living and built on a strong foundation of truth – and in this truth I can see blessings – "I need to stay back until all the children clear."- yea- sometimes you have to take time – go up to the mountain and observe the children and the blessing they bring – those children of God. And look at how anxious that dog is to join in the fun of the children- maybe that’s how I need to be too!

Prayer- Today Lord, I’m anxious to join in the fun of your Kingdom of Saints- I’m pulling hard on that leash- lead me and guide me this day. -- Amen

No comments: