Wednesday, May 16, 2007

May 16th Daily Word and Visions from God

Acts 23.23-24.9-For we have found this man a real pest...
Judges 20-What is this wickedness that has taken place among you?
Psalm 45-Therefore the peoples will give You thanks forever and ever.
Acts 16.16-34-...and suddenly there came a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison house were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone's chains were unfastened.
--- --- ---
Don't let the stones of strife stand in your way. I give a path around them.
---
Sometimes it seems like boulders get in the way in my pathway of life. Maybe an illness, some sin, a financial issue, or even my own selfishness. They seem so huge. And I want to blame my problems on someone else. Maybe someone a little further along the path or something else. But the real issue isn't so much someone else. Sometimes it's just life and sometimes I'm to blame. This world has some illness and wickedness in it at this time. Things aren't really perfect yet. But if I open my eyes and concentrate less on the problems of life and more on my Savior, it becomes easy to see that God has provided a way around those boulders in the way. In Jesus gift of salvation an earthquake occurred and with this my prison chains fell free and I was released from sin and given a path around the illness and the wickedness and the sin of this world. Sure all those things still exist. They still get in the way, but Jesus provides the direction on down that path of life. Therefore I will give Jesus thanks forever and ever. Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, You provide a way. I repent of my sin and ask you to guide me through life's path around the boulders that may come my way. ---Amen

No comments: