Monday, May 28, 2007

May 28th Daily Word and Visions from God

Romans 3.9-31-What then? Are we better than they? Not at all; for we have already charged that both Jews and Greeks are all under sin...
1 Samuel 12-Do not fear. You have committed all this evil, yet do not turn aside from following the LORD, but serve the LORD with all your heart...Only fear the LORD and serve Him in truth with all your heart; for consider what great things He has done for you.
Psalm 57-My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises!
Joel 2.18-29-It will come about after this that I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind; and your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. Even on the male and female servants I will pour out My spirit in those days.
--- --- ---
Each of you are uniquely beautiful in My sight.
---
A row of flowers. Some of the same variety but different colors, others are completely different. We like these flowers are all beautiful in God's sight. Yet we have all sinned. All of us. We have all committed evil. Even so, God loves us enough to provide a Savior for all time. A Savior that those in Old Testament times placed their hope and trust in to save. A Savior for those in New Testament times were able to witness His presence and place their hope and trust in to save. A Savior for those of us after the resurrection who place their hope and trust in to save.
---
Sometimes I tend to get all caught up in the woes of my life. How "bad" things are. But in this selfishness of mine I pause and see all the blessings. The blessings far outweigh the woes. God has granted me eternal blessing through His Son. God has given me an out. Why can't I turn from the woes and be thankful for the blessings? In this I see my sinfulness. I see and am ashamed of my short sighted vision. I need to see the visions of the young men. Visions that point to a life in and with my Savior. Serving Him, rejoicing with Him, in the hard times' working hard with Him; in the easy times, playing and having fun. A joy to be in mission with Christ and the work of the Spirit. A vision of hope and faith. Whenever I curl up and look inward at myself I turn sinful. But when I raise my gaze, open up my arms and hands, God graciously and abundantly fills me with His Love and Spirit. Wow! What an awesome God we have! I will sing! Yes, I will sing praises to God!
---
So let the Lord fill you with His Spirit. Open up like that flower and receive His Love and let His Spirit fill you. And like the flower in all it's beauty; sing praises, yes, sing praises to God!
---
Lord, forgive me when I turn inward upon myself. Concentrating on my woes. Show me the joy of Your blessing in Jesus Christ. Fill me with Your Spirit as I open my arms and hands to you. Fill my cup to overflowing with Your Love and Spirit. ---Amen

No comments: