Thursday, May 17, 2007

May 17th Daily Word and Visions from God

Acts 24.10-27-Then he gave orders to the centurion for him to be kept in custody and yet have some freedom, and not to prevent any of his friends from ministering to him.
Judges 21-In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes.
Psalm 46-The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold.
Ephesians 1.15-23-I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe.
--- --- ---
You are in this world, free in My Love, Rejoice and give Me thanks.
---
Paul was tossed into prison to be held for a while. In this world we may be put into various positions and places. Yet even while we are in custody, we have freedom. We are free in one way or another to talk to others. To love each other. To minister to one another of the Love of Christ.
---
At the end of the book of Judges it is stated that there was no king in Israel. Everyone did what they thought was right. No, there wasn't a king---there was though a King. Always had been, always will be a King. Jesus is our King throughout all time. God left the Law for people to be guided by. We today have not only the Law but the fulfillment of the Law in Jesus and the Comforter in the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us. We have it all. In this world but free in His Love.
---
It's true. The Lord of hosts is with us. It is in our Lord that we are made strong and free. I must rejoice in this freedom. Not abuse it, but use it to the glory of God. Day by day, I ask God to open the eyes of my heart. I ask God to enlighten me with His gifts and give me the direction to use what He gives me in service to Him and His Kingdom. Open the eyes of my heart Lord, I want to see You. To see You high and lifted up. Shining in the Light of Your glory. On this Ascension Day how I look to You and ponder Your glory. Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, sometimes I want to sing the songs of Your glory all day long---over and over. Today I ask You to open the eyes of my heart---I want to see You! ---Amen

No comments: