Tuesday, May 29, 2007

May 29th Daily Word and Visions from God

Romans 4-Now to the one who works, his wage is not credited as a favor, but as what is due. But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness, just as David also speaks of the blessing on the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works: "Blessed are those whose lawless deeds have been forgiven, and whose sins have been covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the LORD will not take into account."
1 Samuel 13-You have acted foolishly; you have not kept the commandment of the LORD your God, which He commanded you...
Psalm 58-...Surely there is a God who judges the earth!
Ezekiel 11.14-25-And I will give them one heart, and put a new spirit within them.
--- --- ---
Fuel your life with the fuel of salvation that I have freely given you.
---
If I think I can earn my salvation; I am mistaken. Salvation is a gift from God. John the baptist pleaded for people to repent and turn to God. We all need to repent of our sins and turn to God. In our sin we die. But God has freely offered His Son as a sacrifice for our sins to save us from sin and the penalty of death. I have acted foolishly and sinned. I have not kept the commandment of the Lord. Surely God will judge me as guilty. But even as I am guilty; God forgives my sin. Puts a new Spirit within me and makes my heart one in Him. God is the fuel of my salvation. I can't provide the fuel by my good works. But God provides the fuel. I can respond in love, trust and hope in God alone. Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, it's only through You. When I think it's about me, I have sinned. Forgive me Lord and fill me with Your Spirit. ---Amen

No comments: