Sunday, May 06, 2007

May 6th Daily Word and Visions from God

Acts 17.1-15-And some of them were persuaded and joined Paul and Silas...
Judges 6-...please let me make a test once more...
Job 36-Behold, God is exalted, and we do not know Him; the number of His years is unsearchable.
John 13.31-35-By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.
--- --- ---
I will help you overcome your fears. Trust in Me.
---
Abe is afraid to get a drink of water out of this bucket. Abe is a frequent visitor in our house. The other dogs are larger dogs and they both use this same bucket to get a drink out of. However, when Abe goes to get a drink out of this slightly larger bucket for his size, his tags jingle against the side and scare him. So Abe is afraid to get a drink out of this bucket. The other dogs seem to be persuading Abe to get a drink by giving examples of how to do it, but Abe just hasn't quite overcome his fear yet. Paul and Silas persuaded many people to overcome fears and give their lives to Jesus. To become faithful followers of the Messiah.
---
Gideon seemed to be fearful of making the wrong decisions and tested God many times before believing and following what God had asked for him to do. But God helped Gideon overcome his fears.
---
Job had so many fears. He couldn't figure out why God had abandoned him. Yet God didn't abandon him. God was with him through the pain and suffering.
---
And then the fear of stepping out in love for another. Possibly someone who is difficult to love. God wants us to love one another. But sometimes we are afraid.
---
I think at some point we must trust in God. Overcome our fears with God's help. He always helps; but I think we need to turn to Him and ask too. I need to turn first to God. Trust Him and then believe He will help me in my fear. It's not all that easy at times. My sinful self keeps getting in the way of turning to God in trust. But I learn through the fear and pain that I must turn to God. I will always fail myself. Only God can save me. And God has! He sent His Son to save me from fear, sin, death and the devil. I must trust in this. I must place all my hope and trust in God's saving grace through Jesus Christ my Savior.
---
Lord, at times, I'm so afraid. Help me. Lead me. Comfort me. Give me the faith and trust I need to repent and turn from my selfish ways and trust in You. ---Amen

No comments: