Sunday, May 20, 2007

May 20th Daily Word and Visions from God

Acts 26.19-32-In a short time you will persuade me to become a Christian.
1 Samuel 1.1-2.11-My heart exults in the LORD...
Psalm 49-For the redemption of his soul is costly...
John 17.20-26-I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me.
--- --- ---
Be one in each other; in Me and in My Love.
---
Jesus wants us to be one in Him and in each other and in His Love. Just like the love shown here between a couple of sisters at a local coffee shop, we are to love one another. Sure, we'll have our ups and downs. We will argue and fight. But there is something way deeper than what is on the surface. That is the Love God is trying to teach us to have for each other. That Love of God in Christ. I don't think we'll ever really fully learn this Love in this life on earth, but God will take us to it and complete that Love in us some day. Here, today, we practice this Love, learn more and more about this Love, and even fail at this Love from time to time. But we keep on working with the Spirit trying to become this Love to God and each other.
---
Paul received a sarcastic answer from the king at his trial. But even through this sarcastic answer, Paul kept on loving. He wanted all people to know of the Love of Christ. He wanted all people to become Christian like him, except for his prison chains. Paul was showing this Love of Christ even to a sarcastic king.
---
Hannah praised God for the Love she was shown by God in the birth of a son Samuel. She would give this gift back to God for His service, just as she had promised. Hannah loved God for His action in her life. I must love God for His action in my life and in the life of those around me. I must see the Love of God all throughout this life, creation and in others. God is teaching us His Love day by day.
---
This Love is so deep that God sent Jesus to redeem us, to save us, and to free us from our sin. And it cost Him plenty to do this. This Love is not cheap. This Love is beyond our comprehension. But God continues to daily show us His Love in the Spirit and in the life, suffering and death of Jesus. God is teaching us His Love day by day.
---
Let's unite in the Love; He in us and we in Him, loving one another, and daily learning and applying this Love to God and each other. Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, You teach me the depth of Your Love each day. I'm learning. Never give up on me. Help me to love You and others this day. ---Amen

No comments: