Tuesday, May 22, 2007

May 22nd Daily Word and Visions from God

Acts 27.13-44-Therefore I encourage you to take some food, for this is for your preservation, for not a hair from the head of any of you will perish. Having said this, he took bread and gave thanks to God in the presence of all, and he broke it and began to eat. All of them were encouraged and they themselves also took food.
1 Samuel 3- Speak, LORD, for Your servant is listening.
Psalm 51-O Lord, open my lips, that my mouth may declare Your praise.
2 Chronicles 5.2-14-...in unison when the trumpeters and the singers were to make themselves heard with one voice to praise and to glorify the LORD, and when they lifted up their voice accompanied by trumpets and cymbals and instruments of music, and when they praised the LORD saying, "He indeed is good for His loving kindness is everlasting," then the house, the house of the LORD, was filled with a cloud, so that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud, for the glory of the LORD filled the house of God.
--- --- ---
Listen to my voice, under, above, around and through you.
---
God speaks to us in so many ways. Mainly through His Word. The written Word, the spoken Word, and His Word made flesh, Jesus. God speaks through His Spirit. That Great Cloud that permeates everything. Fills all creation with His Voice and the gifts of His Spirit. God's work is done in and through us. God is ever present. When in ship wrecks; God is there. God may be present in dreams. God is present in worship. God is present when we come together and speak, think, pray, praise and worship Him. God's Voice is all around and present in so many ways, we can't even grasp all of them.
---
I look at this marker of an underground communication cable, buried. I think God communicates for sure. Maybe even from underground. But I think it's way beyond just one way of communicating. Listen to Him. Speak, Lord, for Your servant is listening.
---
Lord, we talk every day. We talk to one another. I talk---You talk---I listen to Your advice and counsel. Direct my steps this day. When I need to talk, put Your Word in my mouth. Speak, Lord, for Your servant is listening. ---Amen

No comments: