Tuesday, May 08, 2007

May 8th Daily Word and Visions from God

Acts 18-Do not be afraid any longer, but go on speaking and do not be silent...
Judges 9-But a certain woman threw an upper millstone on Abimelech's head, crushing his skull.
Job 38-Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind...
Acts 11.27-30-And in the proportion that any of the disciples had means, each of them determined to send a contribution for the relief of the brethren living in Judea.
--- --- ---
See and live the Truth of My Love, even in an angry world.
---
God's Love is awesome! I must see His Love day after day. His Love visible in the life, suffering, death and resurrection of Jesus. In His Love I don't need to be afraid. I can go on speaking about His Love and not be silent about how His Love is active in my life.
---
The woman in the story of Abimelech wasn't afraid. Abimelech was Gideon's son. Hungry for power he became the first declared King of Israel. But it wasn't a movement of God that declared him king, it was his own selfish desire for power. This won't work. In the end a woman threw a millstone over a wall and hit Abimelech in the head. Abimelech had one of his soldiers end his life in an attempt to avoid the embarrassment of being killed by a woman. This just goes to show even further how ignorantly proud Abimelech was.
---
I must act as God wishes me to act. Not how my pride and selfish ambitions lead me to act. I must realize that I must act out of the Truth of God's Love. I must respond in this angry world, not with my selfishness, but with God's Love. I, like the disciples in Acts must look to the needs of others and respond as I have been given means to respond. That is the Love of God. That response to holiness that God wants me to have because of what He has done for me first through His Son Jesus Christ. That is the fear of God. That awesome Love that comes to me in so many ways. That direction that speaks from the whirlwind at times and at other times in that still small voice. God directs me to respond to the Message of Jesus in Love. Love one another. Love as God has loved us. That's a real stretch target to try for, but it's the one God leads us forth to reach together with Him day after day.
---
See and live the Truth in My Love, even in an angry world.
---
Lord, I hear Your Message this day ---send me forth filled with Your Love that I may love others as You choose. ---Amen

No comments: