Wednesday, May 09, 2007

May 9th Daily Word and Visions from God

Acts 19.1-20-So the word of the Lord was growing mightily and prevailing.
Judges 10.1-11.33-Now the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah...
Job 39-Do you give the horse his might?
Leviticus 19.9-18-You shall not curse a deaf man, nor place a stumbling block before the blind, but you shall revere your God; I am the LORD.
--- --- ---
Realize the Power of the blessings I give to you and use these to My glory.
---
This is Jake my grandson. Jake is blind and has difficulty hearing and speaking. He doesn't move around quite like the rest of us. But Jake has it right. Yes, Jake has it right. Even with the difficulties Jake has to deal with in life, he is a gift from God to me. Jake works with how God has blessed him. Jake focuses on God's blessings and gifts in life, not the difficulties life has dealt him. I need to do this too. I think that's why God teaches us not to curse a deaf man. Don't get upset when the deaf can't hear you. That's as much your problem too. Learn how to communicate with them just like they learn how to communicate with you. Just because it is different to you doesn't mean my way of communication is the "right" way. God's way is the "right" way after all. God's way is the "Love" way. The same goes for the blind. Learn how to deal with the blind in love. Just as if you were blind too. Learn how to see together what God wants both of you to see. If we all strive to learn from each other our gifts and celebrate the gifts God has given us and not focus on our differences, how far could this world go? I think life would be so much more pleasant with one another if we focused on what gifts God has blessed us with and use those instead of dwelling on our differences and trying to make each other the same. God gave the horse his might and he gives us the gifts we need to serve Him in His Kingdom. And in these gifts we realize the Power. The Power that is the Holy Spirit's presence in our lives and in us. That awesome Power and Spirit of God which leaps to action in our lives and in this world, proclaiming a loving, generous, ever-faithful, ever-lasting, God of all creation. That Spirit of Power that comes upon us. It's no wonder that the Church proclaims the Word of the Lord throughout all time.
---
Yes, Jake, keep it up. Teach me to understand the blessing God has given you. You certainly have smacked a home-run in my life. And I know you have made God so proud of you. Let the Power of His Spirit continue to grow in you day by day.
---
Lord, teach me to see with Your eyes of Love the Spirit's gifts you give to others. Teach me to focus on the blessings. Teach me to use these gifts in my life to Your glory. Teach me Your ways. ---Amen

No comments: