Friday, May 25, 2007

May 25th Daily Word and Visions from God

Romans 1.1-15-So, for my part, I am eager to preach the gospel to you also who are in Rome.
1 Samuel 8- Behold, you have grown old, and your sons do not walk in your ways. Now appoint a king for us to judge us like all the nations.
Psalm 54-Save me, O God, by Your name, and vindicate me by Your power.
Psalm 104.24-34, 35b-Let the glory of the LORD endure forever; let the LORD be glad in His works; He looks at the earth, and it trembles; He touches the mountains, and they smoke. I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to God while I have my being.
--- --- ---
You are sinful, yet I love you. I free you from sin, I give you gifts to live your life to My glory.
---
We have all sinned. Paul and all the rest of us. Only Jesus was without sin, the rest of us have all sinned. Samuel sinned, Samuel's sons sinned, I sinned, you have sinned. We need God to save us.
---
The sign on this tree warns of a beetle that destroys other trees just like it. It's not too much different from my sin. I can't stop the beetle of sin from destroying me. But I can do some things to help live a life even with the sin. I can read, hear, and see the Word of God. I can listen to God's direction. I can praise and worship God. I can serve God. I can place all my trust and hope in God's salvation. God is mighty and is the only one who can save me. I can't save myself, nor can anyone else save me. So I will continue to live life in honor to God's victory won for me and you and all over sin and death, and trust in God. I will sing to the Lord as long as I live.
---
Lord, thank you for salvation. ---Amen

No comments: