Wednesday, June 11, 2008

June 11th- Let's Play

Theme of the Day
Sometimes, while in the midst of the wilderness, you must rest.

Readings of the Day
Romans 15.14-33-You will go through trials, but your ministry will continue.
1 Samuel 29-31-God places me where I need to be when I need to be there.
Psalm 71-My hope is in God's saving grace. Praise Him more and more.
Acts 11.19-30; 13.1-3-Be set apart for the work God has called you to do.

God's Word of the Day
No matter if I call you to action or send you for rest; place all your hope and trust in My sure saving grace.

Story of the Day
The earthquake was devastating with many casualties. But those who tirelessly responded to the call to action after leaving the baseball game were finally rewarded. Twelve hours after the damaging quake had occurred emergency help began to arrive. These people really knew how to respond. These rescue workers came from all over with the tools and the know-how to do some fantastic rescue work. We finally were given a break. The Red Cross Van had arrived and began to care for the needs of the people who left the ball game and sprang into action helping in anyway they could. That "Red" Cross sure looked like a respite of salvation that day, with a friendly face a little to eat and something to drink. How could I not think of the blood of Christ, the wine and the bread. Thanks be to God!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, lead me to action when I need to take action and let me rest beside the still waters when I need the rest. I place all trust and hope in Your sure salvation. ---Amen







No comments: