Saturday, June 28, 2008

June 28th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Prepare to take the lead now and then.

Readings of the Day
Mark 9.2-50-Jesus continues to heal and serve the people. In order to lead, you must serve those you meet.
2 Samuel 22-David praises God for His presence in his life.
Hosea 2.2-23-You can't hide sin from God.
Psalm 89.1-4, 15-18-Walk in the Light of God's face.

God's Word of the Day
I know of Your sin and will take care of that. Repent and turn to me so that I can have you lead in My way, not your way.

Story of the Day
I was late for work and in a hurry. All of the parking spaces were taken in the company lot. I drove a few blocks away to an apartment complex. They had a closed parking lot that was used for the tenants and for paid parking. I spotted an open spot and took it. The attendant that normally charged for available public spots was not on duty so I hurriedly rushed down the street to work.

After work as I approached the lot, I noticed an old junk car had purposely blocked me in. Blocked my car to the point that I was sure that the old junk car had caused my car some damage. I was furious! But I was fairly certain that I had taken the only spot of an apartment tenant. I went up to the car. Luckily there was no damage to my car. Oh, there was a small scratch, but I really couldn't tell if it was caused by this junk car or was already present. Inside the car was a scruffy old dog. At least the windows were open. I looked over at the parking lot attendant's booth and noticed that no one was present. So I shifted the car into neutral and pushed it way out of the way. I was so mad that I pushed it through the lot and into the grass in front of the apartment complex. The car began to roll away, so I shifted it into park. I really could have cared less if this guys car rolled off a cliff or not, but I couldn't be mean to the dog. I hurried to my car and left before anyone could see me.

Driving away the guilt of what I had done hit me. Then I thought about why the car was there in the first place. Maybe the attendant had it placed there to block me. Surely someone had taken my license number and run it to see who the owner was. I had this feeling that I would be caught in what I had done. After all, I had parked in the lot illegally. I never paid for the parking. I didn't even apologize for my actions with the attendant or the renter. I knew that I had done something wrong, but I figured that maybe, just maybe, I would get away with it. So I decided to let it all ride.

Through the weeks ahead, I made sure that I never came near that lot. I never knew what the outcome of moving that car did to the owner. I never found out if my license had been run. I bore the guilt of my sin in personal silence. I got away with it. Or so I thought!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I know of my sin, and You know of my sin. Help me to have enough faith to stand up and seek the forgiveness I need from those I hurt. Lead me to repent and turn back to You. I know how You are waiting. You have served those just like me. You save the sinner and make them whole. You teach and gift the outcast and make them the leaders. You take the worn out and the tossed aside and use them to advance Your Kingdom. Well, I know that I'm one of them. And I know that I need You. I want You to save me from my sinful self and use me in Your Kingdom to Your glory. I want to walk in the Light of Your glorious face. Lead me to lead others as You desire not as I want.---Amen

No comments: