Sunday, June 29, 2008

June 29th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Maintain good vision.

Readings of the Day
Mark 10.1-31-Jesus looks at me and loves me.
2 Samuel 23-God used and loved David all his life.
Hosea 3-God loves the sinner to death.
Matthew 10.40-42-Welcome one another and welcome the Lord.

God's Word of the Day
See My Vision of Love. See the sacrifice I have made in that vision. Know that Love.

Story of the Day
For some reason I was able to see through space and time. It was as if my mind had an eye of it's own. I looked out the window and into the sky and through the clouds I could see a living room. I could see a family gathered together. They were mourning the death of the father. Some were crying and some were doing that crying laughing thing. They were remembering times past. I could see the presence of the father in the family. I could see the love that father had freely given to his family. The family had finally begun to realize all that their father had given up for his love for his family. The daughters and the sons began to realize the time and energy their father had graciously given to them. Memories flowed now in the father's death. Memories came back to all the children and especially the wife. Memories of love and life given freely to a family.

Then I saw through the heavens and I saw a father. A father victorious in Life. A father who had placed all his hope and trust in his Father. His Father who had given the life of His Son. All with a vision of love in mind. A common vision of love for the earthly father for his family and a heavenly Father for His Children. And that's when it happened!

My line of vision into the sky returned. Then I could see both the heavenly vision and the earthly vision combine into one. Then I saw the face of Jesus. In one place, both heaven and earth, I saw the Love of Jesus and I saw both father's together in love.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You sent Your Son Jesus to teach us love. You sent Your Son Jesus to show us love. Help all of us know how to love You and to love one another in that vision of Love only You can give. For now I know that You love the sinner. You have a vision of that sinner somehow in You and doing Your will. Forgive us and lead us and teach us and help us learn that vision of love. Guide us in active love now and into eternity in the combination of worlds. ---Amen

No comments: