Monday, June 30, 2008

June 30th - Let's Play

Theme of the Day
See the river flow.
Readings of the Day
Mark 10.32-52-Jesus grants the blind man sight.
2 Samuel 24-David is taught to trust the Lord.
Hosea 4.1-11a-Don't go against God, it is futile.
1 Kings 21.1-16-In human power, sometimes evil plots are successful.
God's Word of the Day
Don't resist My Spirit's flow. I AM God!
Story of the Day
The kayaker was travelling up the river for a couple of miles. At first it seemed to be a wonderful work out. Surely this would make him strong. Surely he was able to overcome the current of the river. But then his strength gave out. The river had overpowered him in his weakness. He discovered that no matter how hard he tried, in this weakened state, the current of the river was causing him to lose ground. Soon he was going backwards and turning back and forth. At his weakest point he determined to give in to the flow of the current. And then it happened. Just when his muscles were the most tired, he found the wonderful release of letting the current take him downstream. How much fun he now had. What a relief, now that the current had taken over and he was no longer fighting. Weeee! This was fun!
Prayer of the Day
Lord, forgive me for the times that I fight you to my very end. Teach me to give into the flow of Your Spirit. To let the Love You have flow in and through me. Take me away in the depths of Your Love to places You would have me travel to. Take me away in Love. ---Amen

No comments: