Monday, June 23, 2008

June 23rd - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
You have a calling and a ministry to fulfill.

Readings of the Day
Mark 6.30-56-Jesus not only retreats in prayer, he makes himself available to the people to feed them. He gets into the boat with the disciples when they are afraid.
2 Samuel 16-David is rejected by some and supported by others as his son takes over as king.
Daniel 10.1-11.1-Daniel is touched and strengthened even in the midst of his fear.
Micah 7.1-7-Look to God in all situations.

God's Word of the Day
In retreat or when coming out, turn to Me in all situations.

Story of the Day
There were only a couple of us together. Hand in hand we had come through the perils of life. Each to their own situation and troubles in life. We had been united in a love that was beyond understanding. At least neither of us could understand how deep this love was or how it even came about. But here we were in a journey together, hand in hand. As we walked a path that we seemed to be guided by as we slowly approached a cross. The closer to this cross we drew, the more people we began to realize were actually in their own approach. Then the moment came that we knelt at the foot of this cross together, hand in hand. Our eyes were raised slowly to a glorious sight. We could see our Savior, the pain the suffering, yet at the same time the triumph. We could see the smile and the deep love shown. Then it happened. A joyous outbreak of joy and communion in the body and blood of Jesus. And we were one.

Prayer of the Day
As I retreat in prayer, I know of Your presence. As I go out into the world, I know of Your presence. As I stumble and fall along the way, I know of Your presence. You have called me, taught me and sent me out day after day. You come to my door and beckon me out to play in Your Kingdom. I go, knowing or Your presence. I go in joy and love to serve You and those You give to me day by day in Your Kingdom. ---Amen

No comments: