Thursday, June 26, 2008

June 26th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Gather together in a feast of fellowship.

Readings of the Day
Mark 8.1-21-Jesus gathers the people together and feeds them and there is plenty left over.
2 Samuel 19-David goes back to rule Israel once again as king.
Daniel 12-Happy are those who persevere.
Galatians 5.2-6-The only thing that counts is faith working through love.

God's Word of the Day
When you gather together in fellowship let My Love work through you in faith and plenty will be left over for the rest of My Kingdom.

Story of the Day
It started as a spark. One small spark grew into one flame. Then the flame began to suck in the surrounding air and become a fire. Then the fire grew, and more of the surrounding air was brought into use and combined with some fuel and the fire grew. It was a destructive yet beautiful sight. The forest was disappearing to the flames of fire. Fire that had gathered together and fed with the breath of oxygen, consumed the trees and plants until all was left in ashes. A battle had been won. A battle had been lost. Fire fed by such little to begin with, was fed more than enough for the multitude to come. Then new life began. After the fire there was new life. A freshness invaded the land. The fire was a good thing after all. The new life replaced the old life. What fed the fire became a new breeze over new life. What fed the fire, that breath of life, was plenty for the fire and more than enough for the new life to come.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, feed me the spark, feed me the breath that I need to flame into action all You have taught, all You have blessed me with and all You have been to me. Let this small amount build a fire within me of action and love based on faith that I may go forth into Your Kingdom to serve and love. Let one battle against sin lead to a new battle of faith, hope and love in You. Let the leftovers which You provide feed the world and let that fire burn brightly in me to bring that freshness only You can provide to this world. Breathe Your Breath of Life into all I do this day to bring forth new life in me and those You give to me. ---Amen

No comments: